LOCATION Lloydminster Office
APPLICATION DEADLINE Open until suitable candidate is found
BAR is seeking a full time Junior or Intermediate Engineer, for the Structural team in the Energy Division.
About the Position
This position provides design and analysis of service rigs, flushbys, coil tubing units and overhead equipment. You will provide technical support to more senior resources. More specifically, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in project design problem solving within the team.
- Confer with clients and conducts research to determine project requirements.
- Assist with the project management aspects of assigned projects including scope development, cost, and schedule preparation.
- Ensure designs conform to standards, specifications, and client requirements.
- Performs various engineering inspections on site.
- Provides engineering support to fabrication shops during construction/repair of equipment
- Provides 3D modeling of equipment for design and analysis.
- Ensure project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects.
- Provide peer review support for engineering work and quality control checks.
About the Candidate
You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 1-4 Years of experience of experience and registered or eligible for registration with APEGA or APEGS.
Having Mechanical Engineering design experience is preferred.
Our Engineers are/have:
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Able to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Able to work efficiently and cooperatively with colleagues.
- Well developed analytical skills.
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract.