APPLICATION DEADLINE Open Until Successful Candidate is found
BAR is seeking a motivated Junior Electrical Engineer to join our Lloydminster office on a permanent full-time basis.
About the Position
As our new Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible to perform electrical and control systems designs and complete assigned project task for Commercial, Institutional, Industrial/Oil & Gas and Residential type structures. More specifically, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing engineering deliverables under the direction of senior staff.
- Preparing reports, design calculations and drawings.
- Ensuring designs conform to applicable codes, standards, regulations, client requirements and internal procedures.
- Providing technical assistance and support to clients and contractors during design and construction.
- Participating in field activities and general reviews during project kick-off and construction.
- Maintaining timelines and budgets to meet overall project requirements.
- Ensuring that project deliverables are met and effectively managing changes throughout the duration of the projects.
About the Candidate
To qualify for this role, you will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and to be registered or eligible for registration with APEGA or APEGS. As our ideal candidate, you are/have:
- Self-motivated and organized
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes
- The ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Well developed analytical skills
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Experience with AutoCAD and ETAP
- An eagerness to learn