BAR is seeking a full time Senior Engineer for our Municipal Division.
Reporting to the Director, Municipal, this position is responsible to plan, design and manage projects for the construction or repair of roads, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection and treatment (lagoons), and storm water management systems. The Senior Engineer provides technical expertise in all facets of project design and implementation. This position may be responsible to provide leadership and guidance to junior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team participation in project design problem solving;
- Confers with clients and conducts research to determine project requirements;
- Assists with the project management aspects of assigned projects; including scope development, cost and schedule preparation;
- Ensures the design conforms to standards, specifications and client requirements;
- Acts as project or site supervisor as required;
- Ensures that project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects;
- Reviews technical work and drawings as per BAR Engineering’s Professional Practice Management Plan;
- Permit stamps professional documents as a responsible Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering recognized by APEGA or APEGS;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA or APEGS;
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of previous Municipal Engineer experience is preferred;
- Thorough understanding of industry standards, codes and practices;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent leadership, mentoring and negotiation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Proven problem solving and analytical abilities;
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date October 19, 2018.