BAR is seeking a Junior or Student Civil Technologist for a term position with our Municipal Division. The duration of this position will be from May to November, 2019.
Under the direct supervision of a senior member of the department, this position is responsible for the completion of all assigned project activities including field, design and drafting duties.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist with project management aspects of assigned projects, including identifying scope changes and cost tracking;
- Contribute to the creation of overall project plans and schedules, monitoring progress and milestones against the plan;
- Utilize AutoCAD to manipulate design drawings for GPS point creation and municipal design;
- Assist with and lead field survey activities utilizing conventional survey, total station and GPS equipment;
- Provide assistance with various aspects of engineering and construction of municipal infrastructure;
- Under the guidance/direction of a senior/intermediate technologist ensure the design and constructed works conform to codes, standards, internal procedures and regulations;
- Provide technical assistance and support to project staff during design and construction;
- Provide direction for end job activities, including completion reports and final documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Engineering Technology/Degree in Engineering or working towards completion of diploma/degree;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to learn new skills;
- Self-motivated team player;
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date March 15, 2019