BAR is seeking a full time Junior or Intermediate Engineer for our Municipal Division.
Reporting to the Director, Municipal, this position is responsible to plan, design and manage projects for the construction or repair of roads, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection and treatment (lagoons), and storm water management systems. This position provides mentorship to junior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team participation in project design problem solving;
- Confers with clients and conducts research to determine project requirements;
- Assists with the project management aspects of assigned projects; including scope development, cost and schedule preparation;
- Ensures the design conforms to standards, specifications and client requirements;
- Acts as project or site supervisor as required;
- Ensures that project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects;
- Reviews technical work and drawings as per BAR Engineering’s Professional Practice Management Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering recognized by APEGA or APEGS;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or eligible for registration with APEGA or APEGS;
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous Municipal Engineer experience is preferred;
- Working knowledge of industry standards, codes and practices;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Developing leadership and mentoring skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Makes timely technical decisions and recommendations;
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date July 19, 2019.