BAR Engineering's Municipal Team has extensive experience in both urban and rural projects. Our municipal professionals deliver exceptional results in the areas of land development, road construction and water and sewer infrastructure.
Senior Municipal Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior Municipal Engineer who is motivated in leading and managing a team of engineers and technologists. You are an experienced project manager able to apply strategic decision-making and sound technical judgment and can collaborate with our clients and engineering teams to deliver municipal engineering services.
As the Senior Municipal Engineer you will be responsible to lead a team of municipal engineers in planning, designing and project management in the construction or repair of roads, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection and treatment, and storm water management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements.
• Plan and design major civil projects such as roads, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection and treatment (lagoons), and storm water management systems.
• Develop construction specifications and procedures, while evaluating and recommending construction materials.
• Interpret, review and approve survey design work, and ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications.
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules, while acting as project supervisor for survey or construction work.
• Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects.
• Supervise and mentor junior staff and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
• Conduct business development activities and presentations.
As the ideal candidate you will have;
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) license required. Must be able to be registered with APEGA (The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta) and APEGS (The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan).
• 7 – 10 years of municipal engineering and leadership skills.
• Ability to foster client relationships.
We Offer Our Employees
• Competitive pay
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Casual work environment
• Flexible work schedule
• Relocation allowance
Working at BAR Engineering is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. We give you the opportunity to grow in your profession as you work on projects that expand infrastructure, and contribute to a growing company.
If this sounds like the type of company you want to be a part of apply today; firstname.lastname@example.org